1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer slowing down during burning process.

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by x1013x, Jul 20, 2007.

1. x1013x

x1013x Member

For quite a few years now I've been making back ups of discs using dvd shrink and dvd decrypter. I have always let these programs run in the background while doing other things, and never noticed a major slow down of other programs. For some reason during these last two days whenever dvd decrypter starts running my computer slows down so much. My cpu usage floats between 70-100%. It used to only take about 20 minutes for decrypter to finish; now its takes over 2 hours. So I tried just copying another disc using roxio disc copier. The reading of the disc runs fine, but as soon as it starts to burn everything slows down just like with decrypter.

I have run and updated adaware and spybot search and destroy. They both find nothing. I ran my AVG virus scan and still nothing.

Could this be a hardware issue or did I get screwed by trying to back up a sony (movie) disc?

2. x1013x

x1013x Member

Oh yeah one more thing. During the burning process the write hardware buffer keeps running up and down like mad. I'm pretty sure its supposed to be stable right?