1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer turns on whenever it wants.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by lightdude, Oct 3, 2007.

1. lightdude

lightdude Member

hey guys I was wondering if you could help me solve this out. you see everytime I press the on button the computer tries to start but then it stops, after a few seconds tries again and sometimes it works and everything is fine but most of the times it just stand there with the button lit but not doing anything. also the monitor does not receive signal when this happens. i don't think is an electrical problem since the fan works.sometimes I have to turn it on and off like 10 times before it works so it's driving me crazy. Hope you can help. thanks in advance

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Check all the cables inside, and reseat (unplug and put back) the RAM modules and any cards installed.

3. pcrepair

pcrepair Regular member

try it with a different power supply unit

4. rubixcube

rubixcube Regular member

it could be a bad contact in the actual power switch itself.. pull a switch from an old case if you have one and connect it to the appropriate headers on the motherboard, either that or disconnect the power switch altogether and try starting up your pc by joining the pins with a flat screwdriver