1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer windowsw 98 does not want display windoes

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by henthom, Jan 12, 2007.

1. henthom

henthom Guest

I was deleting some programs from off my computer accidentally i deleted a chinese program, from since then to every time i start up my computer it goes through the normal process.but goes to the wall paper and stayed thier,
    with a information that said ddl file is missing reinstall windows, i put in the windows 98 cd but to no avail, can any one give me thier expert opinion as what to do.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well my opinion would be to go to a good torrent site and get
    a new copy of Windows like XP Home or XP Pro
    98 is so outdated i am surprised that anyone still uses it.

The only other option i know, and i know it has it on XP not sure about 98, is that when you put in the disc it gives you an option to reinstall. And as it goes along it will ask you if you want to do a complete new install, or fix the current version of windows. You could try just fixing it. If that doesn't work you need to do the format and new install option.

3. gtjr_ph

gtjr_ph Regular member

reinstall win98, prepare the cd key

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

re-install 98 so that it overwrites itself. other possibility is to do a scanreg/restore to an earlier time before problem started. have to do that thru the dos side, is something like system restore.