1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer wont recognize my burned DVDs followed Xvid to DVD guide

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Slink409, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Slink409

Slink409 Member

ok tryed searchin first but no luck hope this isnt already answered...

After doing all of the steps listed below my computer or my home DVD player wont recognize my disc, windows says bad function when i try to explore the disc and playing software says no disc found. I saw someone else recomend using the Get VTS Sectors function in IfoEdit so I tryed that, it said it fixed a few errors so i tryed another burn and it still did same thing. Any tips or things to try would be greatly apricated.

Im useing pioneer DVR-108 16x burner on a win2k box with 1gb ram and 2.8p4. I have all the latest versions of the software I used except nero. Also im burning to some Fujifilm DVD+R 8x media at 8x speeds.

I followed the Divx/Xvid to DVD guide found on this page to convert my Xvid with mp3 sound. Never had any errors and every step seamed to finish just fine.

1. Converted Xvid to 2 files the (mp2 m2v) using TMPGecn with same filter settings ect that the guide says to use (both files total 3.84gb).

2. Skipped the sub part cause i dont have the subs and don't want them.

3. Used IfoEdit to author the files exactly how guide said (resulting files total 3.92gb.

4. Then used Nero 6.0 to burn to DVD video at 8x by puting all my .Vob .Bup .Ifo into the Video folder, just like guide shows.

2. Slink409

Slink409 Member

Update:

Ok I went and bought a +RW disc so I could stop wasting my fujifilm R's. Its a pos Verbatim 2.4x thats all they had.

I tryed burning my vobs again through nero, after useing ifoedit to check for errors (whatever the function is called i forget). This time my dvd STARTED to work but messes up after about 6 seconds. It played the very begining of the movie then seamed to skip into about the middle of the flick but timer still read 6 seconds (on my home dvd player, the nero player software errors out at about 6 seconds in also).

Also there was no sound at all.

Any ideas? thanks

Last edited: Sep 27, 2004
  3. Slink409

Slink409 Member

After several more attempts (ive been messing with the IfoEdit and its correcting feature) im still having major problems. My computer and home DVD player will recognize and attempt to play the movie but it still skipps around, no sound, and has lots of artifacts.

I asume this could be a problem with my authorization because of the skipping ect but i have tryed pretty much everything i can think. I guess ill start over and re-encodeing the Xvid file.

If anyone can give any tips or things to try please do, this trial and error shit gets old after 2 days ;). If I can find some kind of fix ill post for future reference.