1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer wont recognize "Wilbur" DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Whitfield, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hi All--
    I have been a watcher and sometime contributor to this forum, but this one has me stumped. I currently use DVD Shrink and Decryptor but also sometimes burn with Nero--I always have AnyDVD running in the background and have since the new encryptions came out and things got slightly more complicated. Anyway, have had no problems with this setup until today--Bought a new copy of the DVD "Wilbur"--also new"The Final Cut" and "Open Water"--had notrouble with these other two. However, the first copy of "Wilbur" wasn't even recognized by my computer (HP430N)1 GB Ram,2.2 Ghz AMD, 160 HD --So anyway, I took it back to the store and received another brand new DVD--Got home, and again computer will not even recognize there is a disk in there--light comes on recorder but even when I try to play with any program is says "no disk"--Ever heard of this problem with this movie or is it something I am doing or not doing--and why only with this disk? Any advice would be appreciated. (I have rebooted and as I said, backed up 2 other movies today.

Whitfield

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Will the movie play in your stand alone DVD player?

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Yes--one of the first things I tried--works in both my stand-alones which is why I am stumped--possibly my HP DVD drive wouldn't like this particular DVD?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try turning off AnyDVD and then see if it will even play in your DVD ROM

5. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hey bbmayo--
    Thank You!--I turned it off (well stopped it from starting thru msconfig) re-booted and DVD Drive now see's it (I don't have a DVD-Rom so I use the burner for both functions)--In any case--you helped me once again--many thanks--have a great day!

Whit

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No problem. :)

It seem like AnyDVD conflicts with a few movies once in a while.

7. forkndave

forkndave Member

I had the same problem with the movie "Below". I couldn't play the original or the backup unless I turned AnyDVD off. I don't believe this is anything new since this was not a new movie. I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't somehow work it's way into one of the newer copy protections, though.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005