1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer wont start up all the time

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by tvaustin, Jan 22, 2007.

1. tvaustin

tvaustin Member

hi sometimes when i switch my computer on it wont start up properly.
    i switch it on, it then gives the logo on screen where i can change boot method, setup etc, and then nothing (normally the windows xp loading logo comes up but it doesnt).
    so i have to switch it off and try again - sometimes it can take upto 15 times to get it going

some info on computer

amd athlon 64 processor 3000+ 2.01 ghz
    1.gb ram (2 x 512)
    samsung 160gb hard drive

any ideas or do u need any additional info?

2. UrDady

UrDady Guest

i had proplem like this awhile back what i did to fix it is reinstaled windows xp again after that it worked perfect PS (if u bought the pc already build like from hp,compaq,sony,etc use the recovery disk)dont forget to back evrything ON ANOTHER PC before u do that on or try windows repair I DONT KNOW IF THERES ANOTHER WAY TO FIX IT

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

First thing I would do is check your powersupply and make sure it isn't faulty, as thats a viable option. Another less likely thing is BIOS problems, but thats a longshot. To check your power supply, borrow one from someone elses pc, to be safe make sure the power rating is equal or higher than your current PSU, swap them out and try and boot it.

4. rocky999

rocky999 Member

I would consider doing the following: reseat all boards, cables, and the memory (off course with the power off).

5. tvaustin

tvaustin Member

i tried doing a system restore to before i had a problem and hey presto all seems to be ok now
    thanks for all the help guys and girls