1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

conectivity kits

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by peteryam, Apr 22, 2007.

1. peteryam

peteryam Member

can anyone recommend a good conectivity kit for flashing samsungs ms28's as i have had no luck at all with the guides i've used, i've followed the tuts to the letter bought a sata6421a and still no luck just cant get the sw to see the drive, ? can you use conectivity kit to flash a samsung ms28 ? which 1 should i buy ? where from.
    any help on this would be very much appreciated.

thanks pete.

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

man with the ms28 and a via 6421 card, the sata needs to be in the sata port that faces the front of the computer and it will work, everyone uses those no problems, maybe your doing something small that your not realzing. connecttivity kits are really only used for hitachi drives. remember put sata in proper port, turn on computer, boot to boot disc you made with xtreme boot maker. once you get to your prompt,
    1/ turn on 360, type in mtkflash r /m orig.bin, now turn off 360. once you see XTREME PRI MASTER press the number that corresponds with XTREME PRI MASTER, count to 10 and then turn 360 back on, it will dump the firmware. once complete you go into windows merge the orig.bin key into the hacked firmware of your choice. copy hacked firmware to bootdisc then, Repeat steps as states above but now type mtkflash w /m "firmwarename".bin(where "firmwarename" is the name of your chosen firmware file.

3. peteryam

peteryam Member

1st of all you were absolutely right i was making a small mistake. 1 i had sata cable plugged into the side port on the card and 2 i did'nt have my tower dvd drive plugged in, but wat i would just like to say is this...WAT A TOP BLOKE YOU ARE, WORKED 1ST GO WITH YOUR HELP...drive now flashed and running fine.

once again thx.
    pete.