1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about Slax & Connect kit?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by antsmalls, Jan 9, 2007.

1. antsmalls

antsmalls Regular member

360 is in pieces!

I have the Hitachi 78.

I got the Slax CD

I got the Xeno Kit (It came with a cord and two pieces, which is used to update the firmware?)

How do you get the PC to detect it?

I also got "fwtoolbox_30" & "Xtreme.1_6.for.Hitachi.v0078"

{The first xbox was easier}

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Ya, I'm also confused with some of this. I have a Hitachi v47 (i think), and the Xeno Connectivity Kit. I also have the Slax CD and the updated firmware. I'm confused on what all of these programs (like 360 fw tool box, and Xplorer 360) are for.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  3. castiljd

castiljd Member

I think both of you should use the slax. I think if you have a hitachi 78 you have to use slax to get into mode b. 1. Make a slax cd. 2. Take 360 apart 3. Put slax into pc and set to boot from cd. 4. After turning off pc with slax in cdrom connect 360 dvd rom to pc with sata cable. You will have to unplug the sata cable from the dvd drive of 360 to connect one from pc. Leave power cable to the 360 and dvd drive. 5. Turn on 360 6. Turn on pc. This opens slax program. 7 Wait for slax to finish and login will appear. 8 Check to see if drive in in mode b by pushing eject twice to open or close. 9. Turn off pc by pushing power button on pc and taking slax disc out. 10. Boot into windows.

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Alright, I got my Drive into ModeB, but now when I try to Flash it, this error comes up:

* Maximus-garyOPA: Xtreme v2.3 Stealth *
    * HITACHI ALL VERSION 8in1 *
    * BASED ON THE WORK BY garyOPA *
    * Updates your x360 DVD drive firmware *

Unable to create directory

Making BACKUP of your DRIVE KEY...

CreateFile() failed 2

ERROR: Hitachi drive build was NOT detected!

WARNING: One of THREE things could be wrong!

#1: Check to see if your drive is in Windows
    #2: Make sure you are using the right letter
    #3: Your x360 drive is not a working version

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\X-LG>

Does anyone know what to do?

5. castiljd

castiljd Member

You are probably using the wrong drive letter. Best way to check would be under my computer. Devices with Removeable storage. Probably will have atleast 2 dvd roms. Pick one of them and right click. Click the eject button. Which ever one works with the 360 dvd drive is the drive letter. Now if your drive letter is z type FLASH23S Z 1111 or any 4 numbers. If it is H type FLASH23S H 1111. Let me know if this works.

6. backup

backup Guest

@ davgerm4 did you insert a original game thought you was doing a 78...my bad

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  7. backup

backup Guest

DONT USE THE XTREME 1.6 FIRMWARE !!!!!!! ANTSMALLS stop what your doing :) man i hope your still online

the toolbox 3.0 does it all!!!!!!!!

8. jazzyb3

jazzyb3 Member

I have the Hitachi 47 dj.
    Although slax says that it is successful, it wasn’t with mine.
    The drive would appear in windows and then disappear again after a minute or two, generally after getting the 'Unable to create directory' message

When I used the two wire/ 1k resistor trick, the error message went and the drive flashed,.... it bricked as I used the birdy ‘suitable for all hitachi drives’ utility that’s actually suitable for one drive only and it’s not the 47.
    But it was definitely slax that was preventing me from happily bricking my drive initially :)

I thought that the connectivity kit puts the drive in mode b for you?
    I think (if its a 47 drive) you need an alternative method of getting the drive in mode b other than slax.the two wire or connectivity kit are the choices that I know of.

I cant help you on what firmware/utility to use to actually flash the drive as I bottled out at this point and bought one that was flashed for me.

9. backup

backup Guest

i use the xecuter 360usb v2 .... for the older hitachis and the 78 i use the power circuit board for the eject function and slax v.2 / 2.1 via my mobo sata

10. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

@backup I didn't know that the Xeno ODD Adapter puts the Drive into ModeB. So I didn't have to use the SLAX disc at all. I just found out on a website that you can't use a SATA to USB Converter to Flash your Drive. So I'm selling it on ebay, and I purchased a SATA PCI Card on Newegg, and it should be here this week. In my sig, it will have what Drive I have, so you don't have to worry about knowing what I have.

11. gbm92

gbm92 Guest

Where did you got the "Slax CD", or do you have to make it, how you make it, im sorry for the newbie question

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2007
  12. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

You can get the Slax CD, on an IRC Channel! It's on the #xbins IRC Channel! Do some research about IRC and #xbins with Google! You should find some info on it!

13. ginnery2

ginnery2 Guest

I have the xeno top gear and used Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_3_Stealth_Rev2 to flash my Hitachi ROM. VER.: 0046DH to get your drive into b mode just switch the top buttons to pc and dvd after you have it hooked to your pc then turn them both on at same time.

14. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

What did that have to do with getting the Slax Disc?! I know what the Top Gear does, and we are just trying to help this guy get the Slax Disc! Try to stay on Subject...

15. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

davegerm youre just being a smart arse
    the thread is basically showing various options open to flash his drive

seems obvious to me people are offering that quite well