1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused newb

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by uturn68, Nov 19, 2007.

1. uturn68

uturn68 Regular member

im sure this is gonna seem like a dumb question and ive been reading this site all day but im a bit unclear. i cant seem to figure my out if i need a sata controller with 3112 chipset or not-my motherboard is a asterope-GL8E. im also not clear if i can run the samsung d162c or do i need the d163A because im currently using sata on my pc.also kreon v 1.0 is out but i cant seem to find any sammys flashed with it. almost forgot, i have the hitachi 0059dj. any info would be much appretiated.

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

The chipset on your mobo is ATI IXP450. It took 4 seconds to Google it. As for the Samsung, those 2 models have been replaced by the sh-d162d and the sh-d163b. And there is Kreon firmware available for them. You don't have to run the sata drive.

3. uturn68

uturn68 Regular member

yeah i googled and found that but still wasnt real sure what it meant. so i do need the controller i take it? good to know that i dont need the sata. thanks for the assistance.

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Ya... I'm pretty sure you'll need a pci sata card.