1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused Video_TS Auidio_TS folders

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by niceum, Apr 5, 2007.

1. niceum

niceum Member

My PC crapped out on me.
    So I am burning on my laptop now.
    But when I Downloaded shrink on my laptop, it came out different than what my PC had - despite them being the same version (3.2).
    The difference is:
    when I hit BACKUP, on my laptop, I get the option for making seperate Video_TS and Audio_TS folders.
    ONce the backup was complete, I have to use Folder2ISO to make the TS files an ISO.
    On my PC, I did not have to use Folder2ISO - I don't even have it on my PC. Shrink auotmatically produced the ISO.
    Discs produced on my laptop do not work in my DVD player. Discs on my PC do. I assume it's becuase of this Folder2ISO difference.
    I have copied the same movie, and used the same DVD-Rs to burn on my PC and laptop just to prove that the laptop wouldn't produce, and it didn't.
    Any idea why Shrink is not going straight to an ISO? Why the same version is different on my PC and laptop?
    I use decrypt to burn.
    It's been nearly flawless on my PC. Now it's 0-percent on my laptop.
    I can still burn in safemode on my PC. ANd until I figure out why my Dell isn't burning, I will not fix my PC (stupid, I know).
    Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

2. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

When you click backup, you should get a pop up with a dropdown menu to select from to choose how you want to backup your files under the "target device" tab.

[​IMG]

Choose ISO image file and burn with Decypter.....

As for discs that are burnt with the PC working and the ones on the laptop are not.... check your firmware. Decrypter can help you do that. You'll need to know your model number for you burner which Decrypter should list for you. Just select tools>drive>check for firware updates... Decrypter will then list your current firmware version and then take you to a webpage to check to see if there are any recent updates available.

If the firmware doesn't work post back...

3. niceum

niceum Member

AWESOME...that's so what it is!!!
    Finally, I can revamp my PC. Stupid virus.
    My laptop is brand new ... but I'll look into the firmware ... any idea how to find the model number?
    Thanks a lot - GO IRISH, I'm literally wearing an N.D. shirt. HA.

4. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

When you open decrypter, your drive and model number should be listed if you're in ISO WRITE MODE...
    Although some generics won't give a brand or model....
    If there's an abbreviation for the brand, then google is your friend.
    Be certain to double, triple, quadruple check you have the correct drive and model, because installing the wrong firmware can toast your drive....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007