1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused with DMS4 Lite

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by bikegoal, Mar 29, 2005.

1. bikegoal

bikegoal Member

I just bought a Ps2 with a DMS4 Lite and I was wandering if it loads DVD-r backups or if I need to get a HDD and HDloader. Can someone help

2. spyman

spyman Regular member

of course it plays dvd-r. you need to flash it with the toxic bios (1mb file) make sure you dont flash it with toxic os (2mb file).

3. bikegoal

bikegoal Member

Ok that is what i thought. Where can I get the toxic bios upgrade the DMS4 site?

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

DMS web site, go into the forums, though. You want the Toxic 1.2, not os.

5. oneguy

oneguy Regular member

I'll try to get all my questions out in one shot... I'm not sure if this is in the same area of questions but I am shopping for either a playstaiton2 and mod chip or a pre moded playstation. I saw this "DMS4" clip on type mod chip but since it said "it will automatically detect whether a PS1, PS2 CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD9 or DVD+RW (containing Homebrew Elf's) Is this a good and or what is and how would I know if my disc's contain a homebrew elf on or with'em. And also how do I find out what version a playstation2 is so I could know if it's within the v4-v11 playstation models. But of course if I desided not to get a clip on mod chip, how simple or easy is it to solder a mod chip onto a playstation2 and what are the risks if I made a mistake? Is it hard to make a mistake? Please, try to help!