1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused with downgrading 2.80 TA082

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by hakim99, Jun 16, 2007.

1. hakim99

hakim99 Member

Hey guys. i've been reading through some of the threads but im soo confused, i have a white PSP v2.80, motherboard TA082.

I wanna downgrade and then go to OE, but im confused whether or not downgrading will corrupt my ID Storage keys

and im also confused about if i go straight from v1.50 to say 3.40OE and I try to go to 3.03OE my PSP will brick because the keys have been changed already when downgrading to v1.50 and when going from 3.40OE to 3.03OE the keys will change again bricking my PSP?

I also read something about non corrupting downgradings, does that mean my ID storage keys dont get corrupt? so i can downgrade as many times as i want?

so am i right in thinking if my keys are corrupted then i cant downgrade as i please but if they arent corrupt i can do so?

also when the ID Storage keys are changed does that mean my motherboard is no longer recognised as being a TA082?

and lastly if i fix my keys with that keycleaner, i will be abled to downgrade as many times as i want and can go back to official 3.50FW if i ever have the strange urge to?

sorry about this long list of Qs im just soooo confused, i dont want to brick my PSP and this TA082 key business confuses me more

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

if u use the TA-082 mobo downgrader, ull be fine. u can upgrade to any custom firmware and back down again at any point in time with nothing to worry about. IDStorage keys will not be altered, if the downgrader is run correctly.

3. hakim99

hakim99 Member

thanks alot for the help :)

4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

not a problem. :)