1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ICEPIMP, Jul 25, 2003.

1. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

I have heard that only V7 consoles has double checking.. To get one thing straight CD Loader doesnt work on V7. And the purpose of CD Loader is to disable double checking right? So if none of the earlier consoles use double checking and CD Loader doesnt work on V7, what the hell is the use of it even existing????????

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

alternative to swap magic etc.. etc..

3. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

but then why do people use it for preventing double check?????

4. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

it cannot be used to prevent double check!!!!! since the versions its compatible with doesnt evene have it!!?!?!!?!?!?!?

5. Xian

Xian Regular member

The double check is still present on the other models, but they can use cd loader to get around the check. I think what you are getting confused on is that the cd loader program does not work on v7 PS2s. It isn't that the game/software does not double check on the other models, it is that the cd loader program will not work on v7s so you have no way around the double check currently without a modchip.

6. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

hmm.. ok but hen why will magic 3.1 work flawlessly on a v5/6 with double check and not a v7 with double check?? or will it?

7. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

8. L-deezy

L-deezy Member

ICE PIMP has a point. The double check as far as I know of only on a V7 console thus is why the 3.1 cannot get past it on a V7 .

9. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

man im so confuse i dont even know what to type.. someone please explain

10. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

ICEPIMP, there are some games that do not work with the fliptop and swap magic not because of the double boot check but rather for some other unknown reason. Therefore when used in conjunction with the cdloader those select few games will work.

11. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

Yes i already know that... but what i am confused by is this.

Magic 3.1 doesnt work on V7 with all games because of double check, right?

This is the same reason why some games on flip top and swap magic dont work either, right?

But since CD Loader doesnt work on V7 what is the use of using it on V5/6 and under?

There must not be a double check on those because magic 3.1 works. but not on a v7, right?

Get what im saying??

12. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

There are some games that don't work on versions 1-6 (using the fliptop and swap magic) for reasons other than the double boot check and the cdloader is able to boot those games. What I'm saying is that the cdloader doesn't just fix games with the double boot check it sort of acts as a more powerful boot disc that can boot games that the swap magic can't due to reasons other than the double boot check._X_X_X_X_X_[small]You are probably wondering how I came up with the name Hanedrick. Well... the name Hanedrick is a very distorted version of my sisters name and I call her that whenever I want to get on her nerves which is like 24/7.
    Version 5 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2003