1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CONFUSED

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by aanfield, Nov 26, 2007.

1. aanfield

aanfield Member

im getting my son a psp for christmas but im so confussed about what to do so he can play back-ups and homebrew games on it ive tryed reading the faq but its left me evan more confused.do you have to chip it to play back-ups or dowmgrade it to play games of the mem stick any advice please.i dont know the firmware number as i haven't bought it yet but its going to be the new model thanks andy

2. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

hi andy

ok your best bet is to buy a phat psp not the slim one but that is up to u. the psp does not need to be chiped to play homebrew games or back up games there are alot of downgraders out there which are easy to use one of the best is the pandora jigstick this is used to downgrade psp's to firmware 1.50 and then u use upgrade's to upgrade to custom firmware to play the backuup games. it does not matter what the firmware the psp is a pandora jigstick will work, there is also one for the slim

3. aanfield

aanfield Member

cheers m8 that makes sense thanks.the wife as bought him the slim 1 this morning.ill have a play with it thanks again