1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusion on How to play XBox 1 Games on XBox 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by barrybev, Feb 18, 2007.

1. barrybev

barrybev Member

Hi All,
    Before I start I'm not talking about piracy, just making backups - OK.

I have a Xeno modded XBox 360 Premium (which is same as NME as far as I know).

I downloaded, burned and installed the "Original Xbox Game Support
    January 2007 update" from xbox.com.

Question:
    Will backups of XBox 1 games work on my modded XBox 360, assuming the game is on the compatibility list?

Do I need to convert the games using the NME Associator as I usually do and ensure the chip it turned on and burn on DVD DL +R?

I read how to make Backups for XBox games and it looks very difficult, so I downloaded a DVD9 image of a game but all I get is the "this is an xbox game disc" error.

As you can tell I'm no expert, so any useful comments would be appreciated.

2. barrybev

barrybev Member

When performing the backward compatibility install at http://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/backwardscompatibility.htm
    I never saw step 4:

Step 4: Your system needs to have the operating system software updated. Select "Yes, update now" and press the A button.

I put the update disc in again and it says I have installed the update already and I just press continue.

Anyone else get this - is the documentation out of date and I dont need the above step to install correctly? Again I'm quite confused :)