1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusion with players

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by sway_ck, Jun 7, 2004.

1. sway_ck

sway_ck Member

Hi everyone. I read posts about dvd players but i still have a question to ask, i'm sorry to take your time.
    I'm getting paid my first wage in two weeks and i would like to be sure to buy the right player and not waste my first money!
    I bought a dvd burner, not sure if this has anything to do with the question, but i thought i'd mention that it doesn't work with DVD-R, but just with DVD+R.
    I need a dvd player that can let me watch these dvd's that i make with the burner, but i also have divx movies and many .avi files. I was ordering the philips dvp642 player, but i read many reviews that said that it's amazing for divx but really awful for dvd's. So i have two questions... how do i watch these .avi files? can i put them on a dvd?
    And second: since you guys are experts, can you please help me with the dvd player that satisfies my needs? it's very important to me, since it's my first own money, you know? Sorry to take your time. I'll appreciate the answers, thank you again.

2. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

if you are in the uk try this 1
    scan ellion 520c divx mulitregion
    mpeg4/xvid/vcd/svcd/mp3/dvd-rw priced at £70.44 inc vat
    available from http://www.scan.co.uk
    not to sure if they will ship outside the uk
    but you can give them a try

3. sway_ck

sway_ck Member

i live in italy, so i wouldn't know...