1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connect 3 ps2 and 3 tv's together

Discussion in 'PS2' started by k3nta, Jan 24, 2005.

1. k3nta

k3nta Member

Hi i wonder if i can connect 3 ps2 and 3 tv's together.. so we can play up to 6 players on GranTurismo... ive never tried.. just wondering if it works.. so i can try :p

2. marinfrs

marinfrs Member

If you have the network adapter or the new PS2 you can. you will need a router, hub or switch and create yourself a LAN.
    Im not so sure you can play 2 people on each PS2 tho.. we hooked up BattleFront as mentioned and it would only let one person play on each set.

3. k3nta

k3nta Member

okej.. how do i play it after ive connect all together.. is it the ILINK thing? sry for asking.. noob on thoose things ;D

4. marinfrs

marinfrs Member

you will need to get CAT5 cables to use with networking devices.
    using your PS2 network set up disc, set up a connection as a LAN, manually set up the addresses and give each ps2 a different IP address, set the rest of the settings as the same. you will need a one of those outrageously priced 8 meg memory cards to save your settings on. Once saved, load your game and select multiplayer, it will ask for a connection so select the profile you just created for LAN. One person will need to create a game and the rest will join that game; thats at least how i set it up.
    Ive only had my PS2 for a week, Im an old timer PC guy, but networking works nearly the same in both.

What i would like to know is if there is someway to use my comp as a dedicated server instead of having to use a PS2 as one?? does anyone know how this can be done or if it can??

5. marinfrs

marinfrs Member

6. k3nta

k3nta Member

ye i know.. i was thinking more of the GT4.. i still cant get it.. with the IP thing.. it sounds like a ps2 computer or something lol :p anyway i dont have to hurry thought.. the game hasnt released yet in sweden.. and thanks for all help :)