1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connect my pc to a TV

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by D-block, Aug 10, 2004.

1. hodab

hodab Guest

yes you need adaptors.
    yes it is possible, but you need a wireless mouse and keyboard. Moreover, it's not just like connecting pc to tv by s-video; you need to do some adjustments too on your pc. Go to this link to learn about it:
    http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_connect_pc2tv.php

2. nate2005

nate2005 Regular member

Hi Im having the same problem but im not sure If i can actually view my pc on my tv. I have a Win Tv PVR- 250 tv tuner card it has a video in but not a video outand it also has a s- video port so I was wonderin if could connect it to my tv if so how do i do this? I looked at that one site that someone had posted but it didnt really help any help would be appreciated

3. nate2005

nate2005 Regular member

I also have a Nvida Gforce 4 mx 64mb video card if that helps any

4. brof

brof Member

hi arero77, are u using a svideo to svideo plug or a svideo to rca plug,,ive had success with my 0ld gateway 200mhz using the later. Also Ive found that there are 2 types of S Video cables ,,,4 and 7 pin. I tried to do the same with my dell 3.2 Ati card with the 4 pin plug but i need the 7 pin for full colour option. Check yr card to see if its 4 or 7 pin,,then use that s video calble to rca connector,,,then just plug sound output to yr tv using similar connector ,,,small sound plug to rca plug hope this helps

5. sananpah

sananpah Guest

I know my problem will get resolved here. My laptop model is COMPAQ Prsario 2200 and my Graphic controller is INTEL 82852/82855 GM/GME. I am using "S" video - RCA plug and to connect my machine to th TV. Problem is when i press fn+F5 some thing{the desktop} comes on the TV screen but the picture is not very clear. I have changed the colour resolution to 800X600 but this also doesnt solves the purpose. I have a gut feeling that if I lower down the resolution to 460X600 it might work but the setting doesnt allows me to do so. On the audio side i can very well connect the laptop to TV and listen the audio. Only problem is video. Please help !!

6. nomad311

nomad311 Member

I was searching for the answers to the same questions just yesterday ...unfortunatly that search didnt lead me here so i had to figure this whole thing out by myself ...so i mad a guide to help out. My guide only covers radeon processors and is quite thorough also easy to follow os her it is:

*updated link
    http://members.fortunecity.com/nomad311

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  7. sananpah

sananpah Guest

8. brof

brof Member

Yep that link needs some luving ....dosnt work ,,try again pls

9. george758

george758 Member

Hello everyone.
    I have a Dell Latitude Cpx Laptop, which I bought from e-bay and is working ok.
    I wanted to connect it with the tv, so as to be able to show the DVDs on the tv screen.
    It has on the right side a special kind of socket that shows a tv monitor and and an arrow pointing out.
    So I bought from e-bay as well a cable which is s-video to scart as the tv has a scart socket.
    I did connect them but it shows nothing. I had made sure that the tv is on the AV channel. I don’t know what combination of keys to press, but whatever I try it seems to be with no results.
    I tried FN and all the F keys, I tried Crtl FN and all the F keys, Ctrl-Alt and all the F keys, FN Alt etc, etc and still nothing happens. The only thing that seems to have an effect on the monitor, by disrupting it for one or two seconds, are the combinations involving the key F5 that shows as a secondary function two screens.
    Despite that, nothing seems to be exported to the tv.
    I also tried control panel, display, settings, advanced, monitor, and there three choices can be found:
    Generic television (which seems to be the default choice)
    Digital flat panel (1024x768)
    Default monitor.
    When click on properties, there are two sheets:
    One that says generic television and then: device type :monitor
    Manufacturer: (standard monitor type)
    Immediately beneath it reads as such:
    Device status:
    The divice is working properly
    If you are having problems with this device, click troubleshooter to start the troubleshooter
    The other sheet says:
    Driver: generic television
    Driver provider Microsoft
    Driver date 01/10/1999
    Driver version: not available
    Driver signer:Microsoft windows 2000 publisher
    Then there is a short text:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device:
    To unistall the driver files for this device click uninstall, to update driver files for this device click update driver.
    When I click update driver, there appears a driver wizard and asks me to search for a suitable driver for my device.
    From this point onwards I really don’t know what to do, as the choice is between the generic television and a flat panel, but again it defaults on the generic tv.
    To be honest with you, I’m not really sure if I do the right thing or if I should have done something else.
    Could someone that knows please reply ? I really don’t know what I’m doing wrong.
    Feel free to ask any detail that you think is necessary to know.
    George

10. nomad311

nomad311 Member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  11. saulat_99

saulat_99 Regular member

I did something that wasn't the brightest about two or three years ago. Basically the power was on and I hooked up my s video. Now the port is burned out and it would be a waste to purchase a new motherboard for my notebook. Is there any other way to directly link my computer to the television, perhaps an adapter for some other port. I know it isn't likely. I have an infrared port, high speed and dial up ports, several usb ports, and a video port for a monitor.

12. Arki

Arki Member

Hi Guys,

I've connected my pc to my tv using RCA (my tv only has RCA input, no S-Video). Everything works fine as either a clone or separate/extended screen EXCEPT that it's in black and white. The strange part about this is that when I first boot up there is color, even as Windows XP loads...but then as the screen blackens to enter Windows it goes black and white.
    My pc remains in color but my tv does not. This has me to believe there is something wrong with my settings since the color only disappears once in Windows. However, I have tried everything from lowering color and resolution to changing the color on the tv settings. No luck. Even the folks at Radio Shack couldn't help me out.
    I have an nvidia GeForce4 MX440 and am running Windows XP. I have even downloaded nvidia display software and have messed with color settings in that. Nothing seems to be helping.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time and patience,
    Dan

13. B5RG

B5RG Member

Hi,
    I have connected my S-video and audio cable from PC to TV however i am just getting a black screeen on my TV, can someone help?
    Do i need software and if so what is it called

14. george758

george758 Member

Hi Matthew,
    I think I found a solution for my problem with this, so, probably, I could help you.
    Are you connecting the S-video cable from your PC to the S-video socket in your TV or SCART or RGB ?
    The three signals are different and don’t mix. If your TV does not have all three different Line-In sockets, a simple cable that is s-video at the one end and something else at the other will not do the trick.
    If your TV doesn’t have s-video in, you need a special adaptor that can be bought from a company called Keene electronics and is based in Liverpool (if you are in the UK). You can find them thru google.
    Let me know if this helped.
    George

15. Jaffa99

Jaffa99 Member

Guys, for those of you with Nvidia cards and colour problems try TVTools (http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm) doesn't cost much and you shouldn't have colour problems again.
    In return, do you all work with just your TV connected. Whenever I boot with nothing connected to my VGA, (I have the TV through s-vid), I don't get a picture to my TV. I need to have my CRT connected for the picture to go to s-vid.?? Am I being simple and missing something. I have an nvidia (ti4200) on XP. I'm pulling my hair out..what little I have left.!!

16. Li76

Li76 Member

Hi everyone..

I'm not if somebody has actually address this problem but I'm going to ask anyway coz I'm running out of ideas!

Here's my prob..

I've got a Laptop (Fujitsu Siemens AMILO D 1840) with ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 on it. Just bought a Panasonic TV (TX28PM1) few days ago. Both have got S-Video on it (4 pins), [at the back of the laptop and in front of the TV (AV3)]. When I connect them together with an S-Video cable all I got was a clear black and white picture/screen on the TV (no colour). I've no problem with the sound. I have tried using the S-Video to Composite converter but still get the same thing (no colour). But when I tried connecting my Sony Handycam to the TV directly via the same S-Video cable it works just fine. I've tried all available settings on the Display Settings (PAL B, D, G ... I.. NTSC etc) but still no colour!! All I got was the same black and white screen on the TV. I've also tried connecting my laptop to a Philips TV and the same thing happen. Is my graphics card not compatible with my TV or there is something else that I have not done?? I'm sure there is someone out there with the same problem as mine.

PLEASEEEE HELPPP MEEEEEE..... TQ!
    -LI-

17. mdewfr

mdewfr Guest

I wish to transfer all my old analog camcorder films & vhs fims to pc, to eventually write to dvd.
    I've captured analog video from a camcorder using rca connections both ends. My problem is when I try & do the same with a scart adaptor to my video recorder(for french tv), I am unable to capture nothing, blank screen on capture software. Do you know whether a scart/rca adaptor is compatibale with vhs to pc capture?

18. juanted

juanted Guest

heres ma deal. i bought a s-video cable but my tv doesnt have one so i hooked it up to my dvd player then to my tv. how do i get the pc screen to come up on the tv. pc is a dell 4600. thnx.

19. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Juanted
    most likely you are pluggin the s-video cable into the output plug on the dvd player. it wont work. most DVD players dont have any output plugs. thats why your screen is not coming up.

20. newb_11

newb_11 Member

Has anyone purchased a s vid cable from svideo.com. I was searching for a cable and found their site. I just wanted to make sure it is a legit biz/site. I checked NE and TD for a 7 pin s video + audio to a 3 RCA to no avail. I was wondering if someone had a link to a site that sold a S-Video + Audio to 3 RCA that went up to 50 feet long. I know you are not supposed to advertise so if its not cool to post please pm me. Thanx