1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connect my pc to a TV

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by D-block, Aug 10, 2004.

1. eddy817

eddy817 Member

hey guys...well i need a lot of help i have downloaded movies and i really want to watch thm on my TV...now i bought my s-video cable....(by the way i have a hp pavilion ze4300) and i connected it to the TV...i press video1,2,3....and doesnt show up....i have tried my function keys......i have tried the key where it saids fn and with it i have pressed f5.....and nothing.....i really want to get this working....please help me out thanks a lot!!

2. zyndarl

zyndarl Member

I have the answer - at least it worked for me. Go back to my earler question in this thread - dated March 31. The AverMedia QuickPlay I bought works great for video from laptop to tv - including powerpoint. My problem was no audio. I found out that it doesn't do audio!! For audio, all I had to do was connect my laptop to the tv by connecting from the headphone jack on my laptop to the audo rca jacks on my tv. You can get the connecting cords at Radio Shack, Bust Buy, etc. to make this connection. This works!

3. clarkeyca

clarkeyca Guest

4. raheen

raheen Member

i have a t-series thinkpad i wanna see movies on tv it has video output port but when i connect it to tv i can see window on tv but when movie is running i can see a blank window on tv where as on thinkpad its running smoothly can anybody help me how to watch movies on thinkpad plz email me at abdullahkhan885@hotmail.com
    thanks

5. he1pneed

he1pneed Member

hey guys,
    I have a problem. I bought this cable. http://www.svideo.com/prosvideo12.html
    Only one can be run by the pc.Television or monitor.I have to disconnect the monitor from pc to have the television working and I have to disconnect television from my pc to have the monitor working. Is there a way that I can have monitor and television running at the same time?
    please help me

6. tsram

tsram Member

Hi
    I am using a S-Video to connect my Dell Latitude laptop to my Sony TV. However, the picture that I am seeing is in black and white. How can i resolve it. Please help.
    Thanks
    Ram

7. tsram

tsram Member

Addition: My Graphics Card is Mobility Radeon 9000. I tried all means but keep getting the back and white picture. Pleeeeeease help.
    thanks

8. javiman4

javiman4 Member

Hello everybody. I was wondering if anyone knew how to set up a flat screen CRT television as a monitor. I've got my laptop connected to my TV, and it works fine, but the picture is bowed out on the sides like it would be on a standard TV. I see "Generic Television" in the device manager, and I was wondering if there was a way to chage that to "Flat Screen" or something like that. Thanks. FYI, I'm using ATI integrated graphics and UltraMon to manage the displays.

9. GIXXERGUY

GIXXERGUY Member

hmm lets see anyone will answer this. I have an hp a645c with a gforce 440 card with s video output, once i get a new tv(flat screen 32") you're saying i'll be able to connect it to the tv and use the tv as my monitor? for surfing, programs, vids, and such?

won't the screen be all screwy like bitmappy? and such, I have heard this.

reading some of the links now. will post back up later on.

10. AVMarket

AVMarket Guest

I realize I am pretty late in this discussion so if I repeat anything I appologize. The easiest way to connect a PC to a TV is through a PC-to-TV Scan converter. These are plug-n-play devices that connect to the VGA on your PC then to your S-Video or Composite on your TV. They range in price from about $79 to $699, but the most popular we sell for home use is the AVerKey iMicro or the QuickPlay (since you really won't need the advanced presentation features of the more expensive ones). See here for information about all of our scan converters: http://www.aver.com/2005home/product/pc_to_tv/pc_to_tv.shtml

Let me know if you have any questions!

The AVerMedia Marketing Dude

11. yenj69

yenj69 Member

I successfully connected the TV to my pc, however, the resolution of the TV is really blurry, you can hardly read the words. while the monitor remains very clear. Can anyone kindly help me out? how can I adjust it to be the same as the monitor? Thanks!

12. MarkDogg1

MarkDogg1 Member

newbs,cough up some money and buy a hdtv crt,lcd,doesnt matter just make sure the native resolution is 720p no less,if the hdtv is u will either have a vga or dvi output on your tv or both ,get a dvi video card,connect it via dvi is the best method over vga,or just use vga.not a newb by the way how do i change my statue....