1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connect PC Speakers to TV

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by vome, Mar 2, 2005.

1. vome

vome Member

Hi, I have the Creative T7700 speakers and Audigy 2 for my computer. I also have a TV nearby so I was wondering if there's anyway to hook up the speakers to the TV also because I want to watch TV and play games with my PC speakers. Thanks.

2. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

hmmmm, this is just a wild shot. But could work but cant remember how the input on a soundcard works, you just need a RCA red/white or whatever colour really to 3.5mm Headphone Jack cable, plug red/white into red/white outputs (most probably on back of tv for outputs) and plug the 3.5 into input on sound card and turn comp on. Sweet! Hopefully might have to have somekinda program running not sure someone will put it in here soon. Oh and make sure the input sound is enabled in your sound settins in control panel.

3. vome

vome Member

Thanks dude, I tried what you said and it works. I plugged the jack into the Line In in the sound card and plugged the red/white outputs in the back of the TV. I did a little test and I found out only the white wire is require for it to work. Does this mean the source is mono even though all my speakers have the sound from the tv? I isolated each speaker's volume to verify this. They seem to have the same sound. Any suggestions or insight?

4. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Yeah that wouldnt be all to cool to have all the same sounds coming out of speakers, does the red output put out any sound because if that dont then theres your problem, other than that....anyone else got any ideas?

5. vome

vome Member

I switch the red and white plug in the back of the TV and I think there's stereo sound now. Both of the red and white plugs give sound when they are plugged in without the other one plugged in now.