1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connect Playstation 3 to LCD Monitor????

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by denisp_84, Oct 3, 2007.

1. denisp_84

denisp_84 Member

I just got PS3 and I don't have HDTV yet so I am trying to connect it to my 20" lcd monitor. it's dell 2005fpw. so How can I connect it to my monitor? should I just get any Hdmi to dvi cable and hook it up? I am confused with male and female cable so can someone please help me with that? and also how can I get sound? Please help because I just spend over $500.00 for ps3 and I don't want to play it in my regular TV.

2. Footie979

Footie979 Member

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  3. thor77777

thor77777 Member

To get audio you can a converter for RCA stereo (the red and white plugs) to stereo mini (the standard ear phones jack) and then connect that to a stereo female-to-female plug. Finally, connect your ear phones to it and now you'll have sound. If you need me to explain it in more detail, just ask.

4. denisp_84

denisp_84 Member

I tried hdmi to dvi and it didn't work because my monitor is not hdcp.
    so I have found out that I can use YPbPr to RGBHV VGA BOX and play it in HD but does anyone know if this box works properly with all the color and everything? Any other problem with this box or it works fine?
    Please let me know. thanks