1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connect TV to surround sound

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by grantr, May 4, 2005.

1. grantr

grantr Member

Can someone help me please. I havea new TV Konka which I have connected to DVD player, surround sound speakers (no receiver) and Pay TV Box. I was wondering what I need to do to get the TV (and payTV) sound thru the surround sound speakers. At present only when I play a DVD can I get the surround sound. Thanks.

2. Sam24112

Sam24112 Member

Unless you have Digital Cable or Sat Like Direct TV.
    You can not get Dolby surround and even then it is not all the channels the carry it. For the most part it is for the Movie Channels

3. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Surround Sound connected to DVD Player connected PayTV box connected to TV.
    This should be your setup, I did this today.
    To get it working your DVD player or Remote control should have a button called Selector or sumthing, whatever button it is the DVD Player's on screen display should say TV meaning you switched sound to TV. Now all sound that comes form your TV will be on surround sound and controlled by your dvd players remote control. Make sure you turn the actual TV's volume down fully and turn up the dvd players colume.
    P.S. Your DVD Player must always be switche don when you want to use surround sound. Any further questions just PM me :)

4. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Surround Sound connected to DVD Player connected PayTV box connected to TV.
    This should be your setup, I did this today.
    To get it working your DVD player or Remote control should have a button called Selector or sumthing, whatever button it is the DVD Player's on screen display should say TV meaning you switched sound to TV. Now all sound that comes form your TV will be on surround sound and controlled by your dvd players remote control. Make sure you turn the actual TV's volume down fully and turn up the dvd players colume.
    P.S. Your DVD Player must always be switche don when you want to use surround sound. Any further questions just PM me :)

ah damn double post somehow !

Last edited: May 31, 2005