1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting 360 to live with a modem?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tripplite, Feb 22, 2008.

1. tripplite

tripplite Guest

alright i have two modems in my house, one feeds internet to my router (encrypted network)
    and the other am using to connect my 360 to live with,

ok i took a cable line and put it into the modem (motorola surfboard) i powered it up and connected a Ethernet to it, then connected the Ethernet to the 360, when trying to connect to live i then get a MTU failure? i select the more information tab and 360 goes to a blank screen and crashes?

am really at a stand still here people, any help is welcomed!

the console is not modded
    thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2008
  2. steimy

steimy Active member

3. tripplite

tripplite Guest

so it seems i need to change my MTU to at least 1365

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/8159

so if i use this program to change the mtu will it change the mtu on the
    modem?
    any ideas?
    -tripplite

4. tripplite

tripplite Guest

any possibility that the MTU failure is caused by my Ethernet cable?
    it's an older cable?

5. NserUame

NserUame Regular member

I really think if it were the cable you'd be getting more than an MTU problem.

I think the issue lies in the fact that you're using a modem on top of a pre-existing network. Your broadband provider may not recognize the second modem. Have you tried hooking up to the internet with the modem you intend to use for your 360?

6. tripplite

tripplite Guest

i fear that the most, i'll try connecting it to my laptop and see how that fairs(the 360 says an ip is generated and confirmed)? i to doubt its an issue with my Ethernet but i'll dig up my other one and see how that goes

NserUame=USERNAME-thank brah ill try it out