1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting a USB Hard Drive...?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ShoT, Oct 1, 2004.

1. ShoT

ShoT Member

Hey guys, I have a Maxtor 60 Gig external HD, can I connect it to the PS2? Or do I have to get the PS2 NIC and then use an IDE HD?

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

3. ShoT

ShoT Member

Yeah I read that... but I also saw that you can plug in flash drives and they will work... Im gonna try it out... Im not spending extra $$$ or anything, I already own it. Also, back in the day, I remember people playing Tony Hawk 3 (i think) online by plugging in their broadband modem using the USB connection... can I still do that, can I play online games such as SOCOM with my cable modem plugged in?

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

HD Loader/Advance doesn't support USB connections. It's programmed to look for the HDD on the IDE connector.

5. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

a flash drive can be used to install exploits and hd loader etc.. but you need the max evo software to use one.
    you will need a Network adaptor which uses an ethernet connection to play online, you cant just plug your modem into your ps2 and play like that! =)

6. ShoT

ShoT Member

Alright, thanks guys! Guess Ill have to take that Maxtor out of the thing that makes it External and get the NIC...