1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Cable Box to DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by statl, Nov 6, 2010.

1. statl

statl Member

I recently bought a Panasonic DMR-EZ48VK DVD Recorder. I currently have component audio and video cables going from the (non HD) cable box to Input 1 in the DVD recorder. Then I have cable from the wall going into the DVD recorder as well. Composite cables go out from the DVD recorder into the TV

My Problem is I cannot watch the cable box through the TV without doing it through the DVD recorder. In other words, I cannot watch the cable box while recording directly from the cable from the wall.

I tried the RF output from the DVD recorder, but the audio is not in stereo

Any suggestions?

2. bg98012

bg98012 Member

You need a second cable box feeeding a different input of your TV. Then you can switch inputs on the TV while the DVR is recording. Or you can split the incoming cable and hook one up to the tv and one to the DVR. So you'll switch the input on your TV to whichever you want to watch, but without the second cable box you'll only see the "clear" channels on the TV when switched to the input corresponing to the cable (RF) input.