1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting camcorder to PC..HELP

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by MusclesGT, Dec 28, 2004.

1. MusclesGT

MusclesGT Member

Hey, I just purchased a new digital camcorder. It's a JVC GR-D33U and I love it. Only problem is I don't know how to connect it to my PC. My PC is not equipped with FireWire so I can't use their wires. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. willya29

willya29 Guest

If your computer has USB connections, use that. You will need a USB cable. I just purchased a jvcGD-r93 and it has the usb cable included. Don't know about the 33

3. mcdm

mcdm Guest

Hi I too have a similar problem my computer has usb ports but my camcorder has a yellow and white cable is there a device that will connect the two? regards mcdm

4. MusclesGT

MusclesGT Member

Thanks for the help. I think I'll go out and try the USB cable. I was told that I wouldn't be able to save my movies on my PC with a USB cable so I purchased the FireWire cable to only find that I don't have a FireWire port. I'll try the USB and see how that works. thanks!

5. willya29

willya29 Guest

mcdm you might check with one of the cable supply companies on the internet to see if thy have this connector.The cabe you describe sounds like an RCA cable for capturing analog such as vcr tapes rather than digital willya29

6. djbod

djbod Member

MusclesGT, In my experience DV cameras hardly, in fact i have never seen one, send the raw digital signal via USB. USB is just too slow.

While FireWire is about the same sort of speed as the newer USB2 the industry all use FireWire so cameras tend to only use USB for turning your camera into a low quality web-cam.

FireWire cards cost about £15 from amazon and are really easy to install.