1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting pc to dvd recorder problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by tonybugs, Jan 29, 2005.

1. tonybugs

tonybugs Guest

when playing a dvd on computer which i have hooked up to my dvd recorder im able to record with no problem but the audio does not record in digital is there anything i can do about that

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yes, you can hookup SPDIF line (digital connection, either optical or coaxial) from your PC to your DVD recorder.
    I'm sure your recorder will have the input. Does your PC have the output?
    I bought my ABit mobo because it has Optical SPDIF, both in AND out. Most mobos have out only, if they have one at all...
    So check it out, see if you've got one.
    Regards

3. tonybugs

tonybugs Guest

you been helpful my dvd recorder has only rca inputs and digital optical and coaxial outputs do you recommend a dvd recorder with what i need

4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

You can record a matrixed (ProLogic-type) stereo surround using RCA L&R inputs, but cannot get the digital audio without digital input.
    Not to mention the corresponding output on the PC, in the appropriate format - you need both, with matching connections.
    Funny your 'recorder' has both formats for output only. Seems its priority is playback not recording...
    Anyway if your PC doesn't have the output, don't even worry about it.
    But if your PC has, say, Coax Digital out, then you could seek a new recorder that would accept Coax Digital audio input.
    Note: I could record from your player, using my PC's Optical Digital input, for example :)
    L8R

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005