1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting pc to home amplifier for mp3 playback

Discussion in 'Audio' started by sanstormz, Feb 7, 2005.

1. sanstormz

sanstormz Member

Hello everyone....sorry if this is off topic or the wrong forum....it's audio related.

I am trying to connect the audio out on my Audigy 2 soundcard to a home stereo to playback mp3's but I am getting a loud humm or buzz in the process. I am using a y-connector into the soundcard connected to a pair of rca cables into the audio input of one of the amplifiers inputs...what am I doing wrong?

Thanx for any help....Jason

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

No worries, you're doing it right :)
    You are attempting to supply your home stereo with a standard line-level input, similar to the output of a CD player.
    This level is quieter than you expect, and if you were to connect it to headphones it would be unsatisfyingly quiet.
    You must use top-quality adapters & cables, ruling out interference from EMR, RFI or short, and then adjust your line-out volume (probably down) from within Windows.
    Audio that is gained-up too high will be simply 'fizzy' or distorted, though...
    Sounds like (no pun intended) you need better cables, spread-spectrum enabled, and a properly grounded 3-prong plug to ground your rig.
    Check all these things out because, you're basically doing it right...
    Regards

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I recommend [bold]Monster[/bold] cables and AC-line filters!

4. sanstormz

sanstormz Member

Thanx guys I will check it out..