1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Playstation to Video Capture card.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by udx, Apr 18, 2004.

1. udx

udx Member

Hi everyone.

The TV and PC monitor are taking too much space in my brothers room and since he only uses TV to play PS2 games I was thinking about hooking up PS2 to Capture card on the PC through either RCA or Coax input (he has both converters).

Unfortunately when we hook it up the problem is that I believe macrovision which is on by default all the time on PS2 screws up the contrast and brightness, therefore the picture is just bad.

I mean it's still watchable but it's very dark.

Honestly I am not trying to copy DVDs or anything else (how many "other" tools are out there, DVD Shrink, Dvd Decrypter, Copy MyDVD bla bla bla and I have a DVD player that does not have Macro on by default and another DVD player that does have macrovision on, however the Capture card driver for Windows XP does not interpret macrovision signal (it does on Win2k, 98) hence Macro is useless here as well).

What would be an alternative solution to hook up the playstation 2 to the pc monitor so I can get rid of this TV? My monitor doesn't have any other inputs, while this capture card solution doesn't work quite well.

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member