1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting ps2 to media center pc

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mjockers, Mar 11, 2007.

1. mjockers

mjockers Member

Hi,

I am trying to hook up my ps2 to my new m7690m HP media center pc. I'm using an s-video cable esp made for this. When I'm setting up the TV signal in media center, it shows up as a cable or satellite input choice (can see the ps2 welcome screen so think i hooked it correctly to the tv card) but when i try to choose the s-video as a viewing source, it then looks for the set top box and I can't complete the set up (haven't run the cable line to it yet). I want to use my PC monitor (samsung syncmaster930b)instead of a TV for playing (for many reasons I won't bore you with). I don't see any connections that would allow me to connect the ps2 to the monitor itself. Here are my questions:

(1) how can I get windows media center (or any other program really if you'll tell me what would work) to recognize the ps2 through the s-video cable hooked up to my tv card?

(2) Or, can someone tell me how to hook it up to my pc monitor and toggle back and forth? I just don't see any connection holes in my monitor for this but happy to buy adapters, etc.

I've spent hours googling this and am stumped. Thanks for reading.

2. PATTY0483

PATTY0483 Guest

more than likely u would need to buy a new video card depending on your pc to that has tv/out port