1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting PS3 to a Dell monitor with HDMI-2-DVI cable

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by hammahead, Apr 30, 2007.

1. hammahead

hammahead Member

Hi, I have a DELL wide screen 20.1 (link below) and just recently got my PS3. Now I bought a HDMI-to-DVI cable for 120$ (I know, expensive, but there was nothing else and im planning on returning this one)...so quality of the cable is out of question.

Now, the PS3 is connecting to the DELL via the regular composite and the HDMI-DVI cables. When i turn it on, the composite kicks in and asks if i would like to use HDMI. When answered YES, HDMI/DVI kicks in and composite screen turns into a NO-SIGNAL. BUT the DVI-D screen is pitch blank (black). Now i know it is getting something because it is not a no-signal and if i poweroff the PS3 completely, the screen turns off. If the ps3 is ON then the screen turns on, but still displays black blank screen. Everything is correctly connected..the only problem is the black screen.

Please, help me fix this! I would greatly appreciate it.

Btw this is my monitor. http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Dell_2005FPW

2. ryanjafc

ryanjafc Regular member

your monitor needs to be hdcp built into it but in the spec it doesnt so you wont be able to use it. you should get a monitor with this hdcp or a hdmi tv, dell do it with the 2007wfp 20.1 inch. thats what i use for my ps3 and then the sound from the hi-fi.