1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting psp to wireless router

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by fatleon5, Jul 4, 2007.

1. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Im new to routers and stuff, and I was going to get this router:

Linksys WRT54GC Wireless-G 54Mbps Wireless Broadband/Cable/DSL Router

Will I be able to use this to get my psp online? I do not have a wireless network card in my PC, I just have the normal factory one.
    My PC network card is : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Also I want to connect my other pc which has no internet connection to this router so it will share my main PCs connection. The network card in my other pc is even older than the Intel one.
    Is it possible for me to connect my 2 PCs and my psp to the internet using this router?

Thanks for your help.

2. 0sHaG0

0sHaG0 Member

it should work, you dont need anynto you computer, the router should send a wireless sidnol that your psp can already pick up. but you might have to set up your router 1st , as in security settings and pick none, otherwise you will have to match up the WEP keys and stuff and thats a hassle.

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@fatleon5

You should be able to simply hook both PC's up to the router separately via to patch cables. No need to daisy chain them together unless you have a need to do so. And as long as the router is a wireless router, which yours is, then you are all set to surf the net on your wireless internet. Once you get the router and get it setup post back and I'll take you through the steps of enabling encryption on your wireless signal so people can't use your internet without the password.

4. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Ok thanks both of you for your help. Ive just ordered the router so it should come soon, ill get back to you when it comes and I get it set up and stuff.