1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting the xbox to a pc....

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by fiorivaf, Apr 21, 2004.

1. fiorivaf

fiorivaf Guest

I set the pc IP 192.168.0.1 and the xbox/evox 192.168.0.2. I'v also set the gateway 192.168.0.1 (the pc) I can browse to the xbox through FTP, but I'd want to put files into the xbox and deleting, etc. please help me on that... I'd like to know what I did wrong! Thanks!

2. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

can you help me out? i want to know what cables did you use to connect the xbox to your pc, i have a compaq presario 6000 and it has usb ports, and also a ethernet port. what cables do i need to purchase for the installation?

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Jdilla,

If you connect directly from your PC ethernet port to your XBOX you need a RJ-45 patch cable.

Matt

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Fiorivaf,

I'm not sure what you are asking? I understand you can FTP to your XBOX. You want to know how to transfer files to it now? I dont understand what your having trouble with..

Matt

5. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

mottomatt. where can i buy this RJ-45 patch cable? in a local best buy, radioshaq, circuit city?? can it be found there?

6. andres200

andres200 Regular member

Yes, any stores of that sort will have them
    a Cat5 Crossover is the technical name for it

7. fiorivaf

fiorivaf Guest

matt

I actually don't know how to transfer the files in and out the xbox through ftp, could you help me on that, i can just browse the drivers C:/E:/G: etc... but I don't know how to move the files....

thanks...

8. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

and how much do they go for?

9. andres200

andres200 Regular member

i got mine for 8 dollars

10. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

fiorivaf what program are you using to FTP? Try using FlashFXP. It is really simple with that program, all you do is drag and drop files over.

11. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Maybe the members are more patient now.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Egg[/small]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2004
  12. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

eggbert52<-- whats wrong with you man? you got something up your behind? take a chill pill man. i cant believe you are actually getting mad over the "newbie" "junior member" "member" tags that they put on us here at afterdawn. i should get banned for what? i didnt break no rules. and you are acting like this xbox forum is the only place you can post at afterdawn.com. ive first started by modding my ps2,and now i wanna mod my xbox, ive posted alot on the ps2 forums, and the dvd+r discussion forums too. you see im not too much of a so called newbie as you say, and know im working on getting my xbox modded, people like you are the ones i ignore and dont give a crap about what they say, people like you are why newbies have alot more questions since you never lend a hand and help some one. people like you are the ones that really need to be banned for overcrowding. to the others. thanks for the help, im getting that cable tommorow, and today i got my email comfirmation from fedex to expect my ship by the 27th of this month. peace in the middle east!

13. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

JDilla just PM me_

Last edited: Apr 23, 2004
  14. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

ya'll sure make this place fun weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 2cents

fior.. are you using flash fxp?
    its real easy plus you can get the shareware version for free ,it has a screen broke into two parts, 1 for pc , other for your xbox,
    try it you'll like it, you just drag and drop from one side to the other, good luck,let us know if you need some more help...
    >>>>>side note quit whining you babies
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]don't kick'm ,
    hit'm
    use the search button stupid
    read until your eyes hurt...then read for another two weeks[/small]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2004
  15. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Oh and by the way..."never lend a hand" huh? Well, not that you would research my posts cause you didn't know but I have offered to help anyone with what I know. I don't know how to mod Xboxes but I have offered on numerous occasions to help people on here and many have taken my offers. I am the last person who is selfish and doesn't help people. By the way dude...you don't know what an RJ45 Patch cable is???? Or where to buy it? What is this...the former Soviet Union???? I have an idea for you...it's called Google but since you didn't know this forum had a search engine...I doubt you ever heard of it. If you know anything about history, ignorance kills nations. Ask Napolean.
    _

Last edited: Apr 22, 2004
  16. fiorivaf

fiorivaf Guest

thanks shdwsfall

the flashFXP really works, I haven't know we should use a program to ftp in the xbox, thank you very much....... ;-)

17. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

too much "master and commander" for you. anyways, can we be friends now? lol.

18. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Ok...sounds good...when you get your system modded I will help you with everything else. Matter of fact, I have a Slayer's disc that I can send you for your Evox. It autoloads right in your Xbox and I would be happy to send it to you. Just PM me when you are ready. And if you figure out how to do that already then let me know what else you need.

19. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

sounds good, and im sorry that we started on the wrong foot. why would i need a slayer's disc? i have the latest evolution x 3935, whats the purpose of the slayer's disc if you dont mind me asking. remember im a newbie in THIS xbox modding thing. thanks

20. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

You actually probably don't need it then...since I am sick and not feeling well I was probably a little irritable. Anyway, if you have Evox already loaded then I can help you back up a game in probably under and hour. Make sure you have Flash FXP, Craxtion, and a DVD Decryptor...unless you have Stomp Record Now...Decryptor is all you need to make the final copy....not one coaster yet...PM me and I will give you my IM address