1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting the xbox to a pc....

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by fiorivaf, Apr 21, 2004.

1. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

hi guys
    oooo steamy again!! lol
    Gotta mention one thing, if youre connecting an xbox DIRECTLY to a pc ethernet, ie NOT via a router etc, you need a CROSSOVER cable, a standard patch cable wont work.
    Good place to get em is
    www.cableguy.com hes nice n cheap
    psssst egg you have a xaviers disc not slayers lol

2. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i dont want to get ahead of myself, i want to take this slow you know, like that i actually understand what is what. besides i dont even got my mod chip, but i should get here by new wednesday the 27th, thats what fedex said its the stimated arrival date, hopefully the xecuter 2.3blite + isnt that hard to install. what chip do you got eggbert?

3. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

eggbert do you have america online instant messenger? like that i can chat with you about this subject if you wish, my screen name is jdilla3181. flash fxp is the program that you use to transfer the game from the xbox to your pc right? whats craxtion for? hopefully we can chat on aim if you give me your nick, or pm me with it, peace and thanks for the support.

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

oh by the way set your network like so:
    make sure if youre DIRECTLY connecting xbox to pc you have a network CROSSOVER cable
    also have flash fxp as an ftp client
    1/ set up your xbox IP as static IP and use the address 192.168.0.1
    2/ subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    save it
    3/ Set your PC to a STATIC IP address
    4/ use the following IP address in your pc 192.168.0.3
    subnet 255.255.255.0
    (leave default gateway blank)
    turn off your pc
    connect the cable, power on the xbox
    then power on the pc
    open flash fxp
    use server name (is your xbox) of 192.168.0.1
    username and password are both xbox (unless you changed em)
    click connect
    you should connect and see the xbox drives in the right box

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Jdilla, actually youre better off with qwix than craxtion
    basically when you drag over your xbox files to your pc, then you need to make them into an xbox readable udf file (iso) xbox games cant be read on a normal pc.
    What you need to do is CREATE an xbox readable iso using the various programs that are available (personally I think qwix is the best)
    make sure too that when you create the xbox iso, to DOUBLE CLICK on the files that are to be created, in other words, create the iso from the CONTENTS of the folder, not the folder itself (the folder being where you stored the xbox files)
    you need help im on msn richnlisa01@hotmail.com

6. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

slayers is basically an auto installer, its good to have one around shoudl something go wrong (ie default ini)
    slayers aint the best tho, littlejonnys is probably now, but xaviers disc is still a good one.
    they also have other tools and alternative daashboards on them,
    tools such as region code hack, skins, media players etc etc.
    Always handy to have an auto installer

7. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

djboogie, thanks alot for taking time to explain me the whole process, as of now i dont got no chip in my xbox yet, i should have the "xecuter2.3B lite+" by wednesday of next week, but im gearing up already with all the programs, and being familiar with what each program does, and how they work. all you guys have helped alot on me understanding that. im pretty sure ill have more questions once i have the chip, installed, than flashed with the bios, and than add the evo x as my new xbox dashboard, but i like to thank you for offering help.:0)

8. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Jdilla...Boogie and I talk almost everyday on MSN messenger. I don't have AOL but I can install it. Just let me know when you get your chip. I actually have a Executor 2.2 lite and I am able to flash the bios via the Evox screen. I bought everything preloaded and I am glad I did. The one thing that Boogie and I do well is explain things so that the average person can understand even if they are not very technical. I'm not saying that other members can't do that, it's just that sometimes it's hard to explain in Layman's terms on why you are doing what you are doing. So just let me or Boogie know and we can get you up and running in no time.

9. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i used to have msn messenger, but i think my sister messed it up, and now we no longer have it, we use the aol instant messenger, hopefully ill get my chip by the beggining of next week, and we'll have lots to talk about, im hoping i dont have to do nothing to the d0 point, since its said to use a fibre pen in the xecuter2.3blite + installation, but many people have said to me that they didnt have to end up using it. i hope the chip is very easy to install along with flashing the bios and installing the evox. peace, and remeber my screen name on aol instant messenger is jdilla3181 peace yall!

10. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Allright dude...and please don't hesitate to ask a question or two or three...ttc...I like helping out...I just wish I was a little better at mod install