1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting XBMC to your computer

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by hopjay, Feb 1, 2007.

1. hopjay

hopjay Guest

i cant seem to figure this out. i have XBMC on my xbox but i can find how to connect that to my computer to play files off my computer onto my xbox. somebody please help me.

2. howareyou

howareyou Member

Are you using a router?... this is how it works on my xbox. In XBMC i go to my files, from the list of drives and what-not select "WORKGROUP" then you should see the network name, click on it, then you'll see the computers that are openly sharing folders to everyone, select the computer, and go from there. At this point you should be browsing through the folders on your computer. If you have no idea what I just said or it doesn't work then you probably need to share your folders.. do that by right-clicking on the folder on your computer, select properties>sharing>"Share this folder">and set the correct permissions.

But I don't really know what the problem is so you'll have to help me out here.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

along with the above (you must set up folders for sharing or XBMC can not see them) I think you must also run the network setup wizard and set up a home network on your PC.

and your network between the Xbox and PC must be set up right, if you can FTP then it is set up right as far as you network settings.