1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting xbox 2 pc all cables conected n its not picing it up

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by rrick, Apr 6, 2005.

1. rrick

rrick Member

help i want 2 link my xbox 2 my pc and ive done what ppl have told me but its not workin
    if it works on live dose it mean it should work on a tfp program
    or is it th fact that ive got an addapter crossover cable ?

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Two different protocols there rrick..

OK, I am assumming you have the basics..
    1) Mod Chip
    2) Hacked BIOS
    3) ethernet or crossover cable
    4) alternative dashboard (evox, avalaunce, etc)

or
    5) Softmod of some sort

Reason I ask is cause you say you can get onto "Live," which is a no-no with a hacked xbox (of course there are ways around that, but he's a newb, so I'm assumming he doesn't know all the tricks of the trade).. and if you are getting on "Live" with a hacked xbox, it will soon be a no-go for you :p

If you have all of 1-4 or 5 of some sort, what are your FTP settings on your xbox?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  3. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Live is a different protocal then FTP and unmodified xbox's won't connect through FTP. You need a crossover cable(not a patch cable)to do a direct connection. If you have a router or a hub or switch you can use a patch cable.

4. rrick

rrick Member

i have 2 turn my chip off 2 get in a live game but my m8 found 1 where u log on thorgh ur pc u can play copyed games and its only £8 a year i phone a helpline and it says u need to make a local area and then unlock the xbox and install the evo x dash bord probaly botting the ms dashbord off completey could any 1 tell me how 2 do this?

5. BR7

BR7 Regular member

You have two choices (if I'm reading your question correctly) that is less than £8 a year (it's freeeeeeeeee). And your chip can stay enabled so you can play your backups.

Xlink Kai -> http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/ (my favorite)

XB Connect ->http://www.xbconnect.com/

Both programs connect your xbox via your PC and "trick" your xbox into thinking your connected to a LAN.

Only drawback to these programs is that it only plays games that support networking. Not all Live games have that, but still they have a generous ammount of games to play.

Since you have it networked already to get onto Live, should be no problems with either one of those programs to get it set it up.