1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Xbox To Pc

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Kubein, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Kubein

Kubein Member

Hello, here is my problem.

I`ve used xbmc to watch music and listen to music for some years. I have no computer skills whatsoever.

Some months ago i couldn connect to my pc from the xbox, but i managed to work it out by editing the "workgroup (smb) network" by pressing the white button and typed in my computer ip.

Yesterday for some reason it stopped working again.

The xbox is set on Automatic (DHCP) and i can ftp the xbox just fine, and i get the news feed on the xbox and can update the weather and stuff like that so i guess its online.

But when i try to connect to the "workgroup (smb) network" that i`ve used up until now "workgroup not found" error.
    So i tried to retype in my ip in the edit source menu ( smb://myip/ ) and i get an "invalid Computer name" msg. When i press okay another msg pops up. "Unable to connect : Could not retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected.Would you like to add it anyway?"

So i tried just writing in my computer name instead of my ip ( smb://Computername/ ) i get an "The connection was refused" error and the same long "uanble to connect" msg.

Ive used Kiero firewall, but ive uninstalled it incase that was the problem. but i have the same problem with kiero firewall and windows firewall.Dosnt help turning them off either.

Ive tried changing my ip on the computer and on the xbox by manualy changing it in the router setup.
    Ive changed my computer name,tried different workgroup names ( Its just "WORKGROUP" atm ) and ive unshared\shared my folder everythime i made a change..

So if you are still reading, my question is how can i connect to my computer from the xbox?

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member