1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting XBOX to wireless network

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Blalock77, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Blalock77

Blalock77 Member

I know this is off-topic for this forum, but I couldn't find the right forum, if one exists.

Does anyone know how to connect the original XBOX to a home wireless network without buying the network adaptor? There are some ads on ebay that are supposed to be information on how to do it, but I figured if they know how, then surely I could find out how without paying for it. Can anybody help me out? Or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks.

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Without an adapter is impossible, you could do a wired connection, but not a wireless connection without an adapter.

3. Blalock77

Blalock77 Member

What about connecting it through a desktop that is using a wireless connection?

4. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Yes you can do that, what you do is you connect the wireless adapter to your computer, and connect to your wifi network. Once you have done that, plug an ethernet cable from your 360 to the desktop, then right click the connection by going into control panel, then network connections, go into properties. Once in, click on the Advanced tab, and check that box that says "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection", once you have done this, click apply. After that, connect to live on your 360, it should work fine.

5. Blalock77

Blalock77 Member

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

6. Blalock77

Blalock77 Member

Well, that didn't work. Or at least, not yet. Do I need to do anything to the Xbox? Do I need to change any of the settings?

Oh, and I have an original Xbox...Not the 360. In case that makes a difference.

Thanks