1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting your PS2 to your P.C

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by 237, Feb 27, 2005.

1. 237

237 Guest

So Ok i have read everywhere so far but nobody yet have been able to give a clear, easy,to understand clue of how you conncet your PS2 to your P.C. I have a Packard Bell Windows XP Home edition desk top, which does not have the RCA connections! however someone i know has just aquired a bran new Packard bell home edition and he has the RCA inputs already there. But for those of us who are not lucky enough to get our hands on a bran new media center, how do we go about connecting our loveable P.S2's to the P.C? I aint interested really in going on line, I just want a monitor to play the console through as my desk at the mo is fully laden with two other P.C's and i have just ran out of room, so no more room for a small screened television. Now i did connect the console through the USB sockets on the front of the PS2 and obviously nothing happened, But we must try these things, I need to know what software i will need and what cables etc,and whether or not there is any configuration to be done? Anybody?

2. mikeyb25

mikeyb25 Member

With out a coaxil,S-Video,DVI or RCA cable inputs for the video card for your pc there is no other program or anything else that will work. The USB port is to connect outside devices. I don't think the PS2 USBs can transfer a video or audio signal out of it. I can be used with transfering data to and from the PC hdd and the PS2 hdd or memory card with the right program.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  3. 237

237 Guest

Thankyou for your advice, i did gather that i would need at least RCA sockets, so i will forget the idea! thankyou very much very much appreciated!237

4. meta1

meta1 Regular member