1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Issue

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ballgeier, Sep 18, 2007.

1. ballgeier

ballgeier Member

I have been having this problem since the day I got my xbox360.
    Everytime I turn on the xbox console, in order to get it to stream music from my computer, I have to restart the "windows media player network sharing" service. I have even created a "batch" file to make this easier, but I know there's got to be a fix for this. I have tried everything I can think of, with no luck. As soon as I turn the xbox off, and then on again, back to the computer I go to restart this service. I've tried setting static IP's on both, made sure the ports were open which I guess it would not work at all if they were'nt. Any suggestions? I do not know if it is something on my computer or the xbox itself causing this, but I'd assume it is the computer.

2. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Hm i dont know about that one.
    Whenever i had my pc and 360 hooked together i downloaded the zune software and used that instead of windows media player and it worked perfect. If anything you can give that a try.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

sounds more like it would be a problem somewhere on the PC if the service has to be restarted each time. Does it start automatically when you start the computer? Is it listed the things that run automatically? (go to run and type msconfig).

4. ballgeier

ballgeier Member

It is definatly a problem with the PC itself. I finally got it to work (for Now!)I went into services and changed something in there and it seems to work for the moment. It always worked from my other PC, so I just copied what ever the services were on that computer.