1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connection issues

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by cpd189, Jan 23, 2005.

1. cpd189

cpd189 Member

Ok, I finally got a good connection (I think) but for some reason the only way I can connect through my Lan is checking yes for the static ip. Anyway it seems that i have a successful connection. I'm using evox dash and i'm using flashfxp. Its showing the ip address on my evox screen so I assume that means i'm good so far. My folders show but for some reason I have 8 instead of 7, is that normal? Next when I place a game in the xbox and double click the "D" drive on flashfxp, it does not show any game files. The folders that its does show is "Ark, media, dashupdat.xbe...etc. etc.. I even clicked on the other 7 folders just to see if something wasn't right but I got nothing but the standard files that belong in those folders. Is there something that I missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Those are the game files. Some games have a million folders, others have very few. Every game is different. Just transfer everything in the D Drive and when its done, compare what you have on your PC with whats in the D Drive (size wise).

3. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

You can store your games two different ways. The easiest way is to transfer the game folder to your pc and burn to a dvd-r assuming it will fit on a normal sized DVD.

The second way is to transfer the game folder to your PC and then use a program called xISO or Qwix to compress all the game files into a single ISO file which can then be burned to a blank DVD-R using Nero 6 and a speed no greater than x4

The iso method will let you play the game from the dvd-rom drive. Using the first method, you need to FTP the files back to the xbox ( or a different, modded xbox) to play the games.

4. cpd189

cpd189 Member

Ok, I will try that. Thanks a lot for your help.

5. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Everyone wants to use nero, which is a great prog for burning xbox games, but for people unfamiliar with it, it can get complicated. If you've compiled your image with qwix, or xiso, use dvd decrypter in ISO WRITE mode. Select your xiso image, click write, done deal.