1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connection problems (router)

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by sanecrazy, May 28, 2007.

1. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

Hi im having a few little problems with my wifi, nothing crazy but im sure with all the brains here we can sort it out.

Right my router is upstairs with my p.c and my PS3 is downstairs under my T.V. When I look at my connection status it will be about 60% but then it will loose connection completly and then a few seconds later go back to 60%ish. I cant move my router any closer but i was wondering are there any setting i could possibly tweek to improve the connection?

If I posted a pic of my setting would that help?

Also i saw that i can buy bigger arials for my router would they help? I paid £50 for my router tho so im not wanting to blow anouther £40 on new arials aswell.

cheers

2. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

If you can get into the router setup page, try changing the channel the router is using.....

3. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Jlhfit is right, it sounds like you have spurious signal problems, try changing the channel. A bigger antenna could make the spurious signals worse.

4. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

just went through them all seems like channel 13 is the best it doesnt seem to be disconnectiong and also is steady around 70% which is fine for game pla so cheers lads

Ant other tips to improve signal welcome... :>

5. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

You could try a better router or move your PS3 closer to your router, you can also use a repeater but that would kill your pings and your viop might not work well.