1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connection problems xbox to pc

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by cpd189, Jan 22, 2005.

1. cpd189

cpd189 Member

Ok, I now have a new hardrive and it shows that I have the evolutionX M7 bios is on it. My xbox settings show the Avalaunch Dashboard. I am trying to connect using flashfxp it says "connecting" and then "connected to xbox". It then keeps telling me that the connection has been lost. What am i doing wrong. I am also ussing a eternet cable to connect from my xbox to the back of my pc. When I go to the settings in my dashboard it says - Static IP:192.168.1.200 - Gateway: 192.168.1.1 and Subnet: 255.255.255.0 - DNS: 195.159.0.100. On my PC I changed my Network settings to 192.168.0.1 and my subnest mask to 255.255.255.0 and thats it. I went into the flashfxp site and made the IP 192.168.0.3. I think I have done everything right. Can someone give me some insight on this? Also this may be a stupid question but do I need to have my xbox connected to my television as well to view any of this process? I did it that way anyway I just assumed you need to. I'm really trying.

2. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

You have to be at the Evox dashboard. Most people with that problm have ot do this. Go to system utils or system mangemant or something like that and find somehting that says "USE STATIC IP" Make it say "NO".
    Then GO DOWN TO BOTTEM AND CLICK "SAVE AND EXIT". THEN RESTART XBOX. AND IT SOULD WORK.

P.S. after you changeit to NO you IP should be different, so use the new IP.

3. celtics02

celtics02 Regular member

I dont think you are susposed to change the IP static to off leave it on aand I dont think your sussposed to change any settings on your PC but yes you have got everything else done correctly with Flash XP exept changing the password and and whatever else is there to xbox. If you want to know how to do it go to xbox backups furom and at the vary top there is a thread that tells everything you need and how to do it. If you need any more answers add me celtics_02_34@hotmail.com

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

better edit out that email addy, celtics, or you'll be in some deep manure.

5. PG2115

PG2115 Regular member

Dude, the only way I can FTP is to have Static IP off. SO I think you are wrong. SO do tunr static IP off.

6. cpd189

cpd189 Member

I was able to get a good connection but check this out........I had to leave my static IP "on" just like Celtic said. I guess its a little different for everyone. Its the luck of the draw. (I guess) but now all I have to do is find out how to copy the game files onto a dvd or cdr. If I drag them to a folder on my desktop, do I have to make the folder name say iso or what? I know that you are suppose to use an iso program to compress it and then burn it. Correct...???