1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection problems

Discussion in 'PS3' started by uhkam, May 25, 2012.

1. uhkam

uhkam Member

Hello.

I have a big and odd problem in my place...

Sometimes, when playing a game or starting my PS3, my internet connection cuts off. I've checked every possible ways to fix it with the error codes but to no avail.

My NAT type is 2, so that's not the problem. Also, it's already port forwarded, too. My connection speed is 8 MBps.

PS. I also suspect that my house's other computer is also acting up with the internet connection. I wonder if that also matters in this problem.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If comp is doing it also then it's either,modem,modem cabling,ether cables or the adsl filter or the house jack point or the cabling from that jack point to the road connection

start with the easy stuff change filter,then cables all of them,(obviously not the house cabling) just where you connect to the house jack point (where phone plugs into)if you have more than one access point (jack point where phone plugs into)try one or the other (tho one is possible to cause issues with the other so this test may not work)

3. uhkam

uhkam Member

I did what you asked, swapped the cables, tweaked router's settings etc. Problem seems to be in the modem itself. However, there's no reason to swap it as I soon have to change into a different way of connecting into internet.

However, even when I try to use a wired connection, I can't connect to PSN, but can connect to internet, meaning the same thing with wireless!