1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection Prolems the box pvr

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by MacAodh, Jan 6, 2008.

1. MacAodh

MacAodh Member

Hi all,
    I'm having problems with the box pvr. I brought it for my dad for christmas and i managed to update the box to 4,5. The problem is, which was happening before the update too, is that when i go into either manual or automatic scan it's showing me 0% on the connection bars on the right. On the manual tuning it says check connection.

I've used it in both my dads house in dalkey and in my flat in Rathmines using N*L and it says the same on both. The cable is going into the areal in socket on the back and it is plugged into the wall on the other side.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Any help would be great

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Is digital cable available in both areas ?

Make sure your cable supply lead is in the correct socket at the back as there are 6 and its easy to get in the wrong one and don't forget to fit a short link cable between tuners to get both tuners working. Then Menu/Installation/ Select your Cable network using right/Left arrow on remote, ie ntl,tw,ex c&w etc, then down to autoscan and wait untill finished.

cable goes in to Cable 1 Input (top right of the four sockets that are to together. The loop cable goes between Cable loop 1 output (top Left) and Cable 2 input (Bottom right)

3. MacAodh

MacAodh Member

I never thought i would say this to someone called celtic but i think i love you!!! hadn't known about that wire thing on the back. All sorted now. Thanks a million. All good now

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Ha ha , you can just send me a bunch of roses lol

Glad you got it working :)