1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connection to Xbox using crossover doesen't work!HELP please

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by killer1on, Feb 17, 2007.

1. killer1on

killer1on Member

I connected my Xbox(unleash X) to PC using a crossover cable,did the IP settings,and when I go to Flash FXP to connect,it never works. Did I do something wrong? Please help. Thanks

2. kapooty

kapooty Member

I don't know if i can help or not, but i do know a little about networking. First of all make sure you indeed have a crossover cable, by looking at the colored wire at the connector ends. One end is wired different than the other. Also set an ip address up in the xbox like for instance 192.168.001.002 and the subnet 255.255.255.000.
    Now go to your computer click > start > control panel
    double click > network connections >right click on "local area connection" left click properties scroll down to where it says
    Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) > double click on it and a window should open asking for an address and write down what it is before you start so you can put it back where you found it after your done. Usually it will be set to automatic. Click the "Use the following IP address"
    now type in 192.168.001.003 notice it is not the same number as the xbox. now type in 255.255.255.000 which is the same as the xbox. click ok and now you can try your ftp program. You might have to reboot the xbox to make the new address take effect in the xbox. i don't know if you have to or not. Once you are done with all of this change your computer back to where it was when you started. If you want to see if you are communicating with the xbox for sure, got to start >run and type the word in the box cmd and then click ok. Now type this:
    ping 192.168.1.2 if after you do this you will either get one of two messages. one is it either "timed out" or it will say "reply".
    if it says "timed out" you need to recheck the IP and subnet address. Making sure the IP address is not the same number for both machines. if it says reply then the computer is communicating with the xbox saying hello. That means it should work.also if it says reply and your program still doesn't work, then something is probably going on with the program.

3. kapooty

kapooty Member

i meant "once when you are all done with this", means after you are done with your adventure transferring stuff and processing all your info, so your computer will be back to normal again.