1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connection tv to pc

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by carmen, Jun 13, 2007.

1. carmen

carmen Member

i basically want to connect my tv to my pc, as i store all my music, movies and tv shows on my pc.my pc and tv are only a metre away from eachother, i am unsure what steps and equipment i need to go through to use my tv as a monitor?

thanks

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Basically there are two ways to do it. The first is to have a video card with tv output. The other is to get a device that will convert the VGA signal into one that is compatible with your tv. There are also tv's that are VGA compatible.

Depending on what you computer hardware is like. You could end up just having to buy cables or have to buy something more expensive like a new video card or a converter.

Hooking up the sounds is really easy. If you have your regular 3.5mm plug you need to get an adaptor. These are really cheap you can even find them in dollar stores.

3. carmen

carmen Member

i have an oler pentium which doesnt have a s-video connection but it does come with a video card. what cords do i use to connect this to a new palsonic tv?thanks

4. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

It sounds like you need more than just cords.

You either need a video card that has tv output or look in to buying a device that will convert the VGA (monitor) signal into one that can be used with your tv.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007