1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connectng pc dvd drive to xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by pleashelp, Dec 8, 2004.

1. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

I've connected a pc dvd drive to my xbox so it can read cd-r's and so I could play the nintendo on it, and you have to take the ide cable out of the xbox drive and connect it to the pc drive I've done this everything works, my question is can I just get a ide cable splitter or connecter and hook both drives up at the same time??

2. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

you can get a 4 channel IDE cable that would do the job. I used to see it on llamma.com, but it does not seem to be there anymore. anyway, llamma.com has a tutorial on how to install it and how to make it yourself if you can. if you can't, then you could always find the cable somewhere else.

3. insaneiam

insaneiam Member

huh? play nintendo on it?

4. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

yeah...i didn't quite understand that either, but decided to ignore that statement entirely and just give you a suggestion

and i also remembered that the cable was just for two HDs, but the principle is still the same, so it should probably work

5. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

yes i have a xbox nintendo emulator that i burned onto cd-r
    but nevermind i got everything working

6. insaneiam

insaneiam Member

ah... emulator ... NES? SNES?

7. shenfo

shenfo Member

it cant be a regular pc cdr drive? it has to be a dvd? and do you have to keep your xbox open to have that type of setup?

8. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

yes you need a pc power y-splitter to split the power going to the dvd drive. all you have to do is take the ide cable out of the xbox dvd drive and put it in the pc dvd drive but leave the xbox dvd drive power cord plugged in then start the xbox.You cannot play xbox games this way but you can play other things like emulators, dashboards, anything on cd-r that your xbox cannot read, like if you want to put music onto your xbox but it's on a cd-r