1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering buying a modded PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by MoonJihad, Mar 7, 2004.

1. MoonJihad

MoonJihad Member

Hi,

I am considering buying a pre-modded PS2(http://www.modchip.ca/products/ps2/premod.php) but I have some questions.

After browsing these forums, I noticed that it appears that it is possible to play PAL games on a NTSC PS2 using some kind of conversion process. Is it reliable or are there some side effects?

The FAQ list mentions that using cheapo media will burn the PS2 laser. Does that happen often?

Overall, are modded PS2 reliable(ie. will it go up in smoke within a few months?) or not? I ask, because my friend had one modded and it went up in smoke within a few hours.

Thanks for any information. If a question I asked was answered somewhere else, just point me to where it was.

2. account

account Guest

yes using bad media will reck your laser but even using the best media it will still die it just slows the process.

check your pm i sent you one

3. MoonJihad

MoonJihad Member

Strange, I did not receive it. I'll check later if it came in.

[Edit: It's in]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2004
  4. account

account Guest

ya i sent it after i posted here so if you check it now it will be there

5. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

I bought mine from www.socalmods.com and it works great. Manny is very reliable and also nice. Bought a PS2 Ver.9 with a DMS chip (Upgradeable) and only use Ritek Silverbacks. Use Alcohol 120 to back-up all games. Also play movies with PS2 and works fine. I feel more safe with PS2 laying down than on its side.