1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

considering pre moded ps2 or swap magic3.8 or hdd system

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lovnpeace, Sep 26, 2007.

1. lovnpeace

lovnpeace Member

hello guys.
    i know that it is not good just thread questions.
    i tried find information this site but, i can't english well, so i couln't understand this site's information 100%. so i ask!
    i'm considering that buy pre moded ps2 or swap magic.
    so i found 2sites. www.xbox-modchips.com and www.modchip.us
    but im just worry about that if they ship to me used ps2 or change the lense to used.
    anyone had bought pre moded ps2 from these site?

what about buy ps2 and swap magic 3.8 coder(incloud magic key2)
    but also im worry about that could i play the japan version, korea version back up games?
    and the swap magic have a 3 differnt version. PAL, NTST, and another one. if i buy NTSC ps2, will i have to buy NTST version swap magic?
    i'm cosidering about which one is better choice.

orrrrrrrrrrr what about hdd loder? now i have to buy slim ps2.
    so is it avalable connect hdd system?

i have sooooooooooooooo many question.............now i'm findign my dictionary and typeing 1 word and find dictionary type 1 word again again...
    so i'm confuse. i hope any one give suggetion..

2. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

I have not had a good history of placing orders with xbox-modchips.com, my last two orders were not delivered I had to get a refund from my cc company, but that may be related to the raids that ahppened last month. I personally use the NTSC Swap Magic 3.8, on an NTSC system. It also loads PAL games. I have not tried to play and Japanese games so I cannot vouch for that. My roommate has a DSM4 modchip installed and uses the HDD loader. I believe there is a way to use the HDD loader without a modchip, but I have not gone that route personally. Also, I replaced the casing of my system to add a flip top to it to make the swap magic process easier, you can find replacement cases all over the web and on eBay. Hope I helped a little bit.

3. lovnpeace

lovnpeace Member

thank you so much
    so i shoud not buy at the xbox-modchip.com

4. lovnpeace

lovnpeace Member

hmm.. i wanna know that if i buy a slim ps2 with swap magic kit,
    could play asia version games...
    i heard that slim ps2 can't use hdd system. so now i have to buy slim ps2 because wall mart or costco bestbuy etc...there don't have any fat ps2.

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I think a modchip is the best option,but if you plan on purchasing a PS3 in the future then I would say Swap Magic 3.8 Coder Edition.If you have the slim ps2,you can actually use some strong tape and just tape down the sensors on it without purchasing a replacement cover.I would say you should probably get one though,but while you wait for the replacement case you can still play Swap Magic by using some tape.If you get a modchip it is actually the ultimate solution on consoles,because there is no limitation to what a modchip can do.The other methods are limited,but the boot discs mentioned Swap Magic have been pressed like a PS2 game to work with pretty much any console Sony releases that supports PS2 playback.I can't say the same for the other methods mentioned,but I do like my modded ps2 system better than swap magic.It is going to be hard to get a modchip installed if you can't do it yourself,because of the raids.I would recommend the swap magic set instead if you can't get a modchip professionally installed or you can't do it yourself.

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Swap Magic can play different region games,but some require a position fix.It isn't the boot discs fault though,but rather a frequency issue with certain regions.For instance NTSC which is used in the United States uses a 60khz signal while PAL uses 50khz signal.I think Asia games won't be a problem if your system is NTSC,because Japanese games use a 60khz signal also.By the way you can use USB Loader,which allows external harddrives to be used on the PS2 if you want to use a harddrive.You just hook your harddrive up to a usb port on your PS2 and it should recognize using the USB Loader utility.

7. lovnpeace

lovnpeace Member

thx for advice.
    i had installed d.m.s4 ezi myself
    but i was fail. so my brand new ps2 gone...
    i don' know what was problem. i just did follow the guide book.
    and i tried many times...switch position and bought replacement part
    and tried again... but didn't work. and my ps2 was gone...
    i'm burned out now...so i don't open ps2 anymore.
    actually i didn't buy brand new ps2 yet. this time i want to prepare perfactry than i will buy. it is very complicated work.

8. lovnpeace

lovnpeace Member

so. what i need to buy to set up hdd system?
    i just know that usb-hdd and network adepter part and many progrems.
    it was sound like difficult to me.

9. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It really isn't complicated bro to hook up a harddrive for the slim ps2,but you need to have an external harddrive and the USB Loader disc.The network adapter was used on the fat ps2 systems,but since they only sell slim ps2 systems now the only option available is to use an external harddrive.I think the reason the DMS4 EZI method screwed up though is because they are not made specifically for slim ps2 systems.They are originally designed for the fat ps2 systems.The slim ps2 system have a different design on the motherboard so the traces and everything are routed different,which probably caused it to burn up.I would highly advise everyone to stay away from the DMS EZI chips,because they are really not designed to last a long time and have a tendancy to mess up the console.The best advice I can give is to settle for a safer method,unless you really know how to solder then I would advise a modchip.The safest method I think is the harddrive method or the boot discs swap magic.To be honest bro don't feel bad man I burnt up my old ps2 trying to install a modchip in it a very long time ago.I had everything almost done,and then the iron got real hot and pulled up a trace on the motherboard.You learn the hard way sometimes,and it happens you just gotta brush it off and try again.I actually blame the iron I was using,because it had too many watts and I couldn't adjust the temperature on it.I tried waiting for a long period of time for it to cool down,but apparently it never got cool enough.When soldering I would also advise getting a solder station with an adjustable temperature gauge.They are expensive,but if you plan on doing alot of small solder work then you might as well get one and make sure it is a pencil thin iron.My eye sight and hand cordination are on point,but having the right equipment makes a huge difference.

10. lovnpeace

lovnpeace Member

oh man
    i read it about harf hour with my dictionary.
    now im considering.....

11. lovnpeace

lovnpeace Member

you know i'm already lose over 200bucks. ps2+dms4+replacement parts..
    I'm not sure if I can sodering.
    before everything, i'll buy ps2..it'll probabry slim ps2(77001).

12. lovnpeace

lovnpeace Member

what is diffrent between MagicKeys II Set 3.8 NTSC (USA/CANADA)
    and MagicKeys II Set 3.8 NTSC (JAPAN)?
    just program languge?

13. lovnpeace

lovnpeace Member

i have too many question. sorry about that....
    if i buy swap magic 3.8 i'll post some information.
    anyway thx too much